I received a 9 page pamphlet in the mail. Don’t even remember what it was for. I promptly gesso’d it, painted the pages with acrylic paint, then taped the pages together with miracle tape to form 4 pockets and used it for the contents of my little Pockatbook. Each page has a second pocket as well.
Supplies used throughout:
gesso, Distress Inkpads-Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Ranger Archival Inkpad-Black, Micron Pen .05, Silk’s Acrylic paint-Emperor’s Gold, miracle tape
, cut up magazine pages sprayed with Fireworks Pear Tart & Cantaloupe, gel medium.
All images were stamped with the Ranger Archival pad.
All of the pages were distressed with inkpads and I used Zentangle®-inspired patterns throughout as embellishment. Magazine pieces were laid down as a base for each page. Gel medium was used to glue pieces down.
Supplies for cover
Tim Holtiz Rock Candy Clear Crackle Paint
Alcohol Inks-Terra Cotta, Stonewashed, Stream, Copper & Pearl Mixative
Distress Marker-Stormy Sky
Awl & cord
I cut 3 pieces of grunge paper, one approx. 5 x7 for the main cover piece, one at 3 3/4 x 4 1/2
for the cats, and one 1 x 3 3/4 for the title. I stained the smaller pieces with Terra Cotta, & Copper Mixative alcohol ink, and the main cover with Stream & Stonewashed. I used the Distress Marker & Micron to write out Pockats, and embellish with Zentangle-Inspired Patterns.
After punching holes in the middle with the awl, I looped and tied a piece of cord that can be used to tie the pockatbook shut, later.
Supplies for Page 1 & 2
Sarabinders Small Pocket
Encore Ultimate Blue Metallic Inkpad
Pure & Simple Oatmeal bag
I glued down the Sarabinder Pocket and the Oatmeal Bag (leaving the top unglued so that it became another pocket. After stamping the cats I added more distress color with the distress inkpads, and more color with the Encore. Then I tangled patterns all over!
Supplies for Page 3 & 4
Coffee Cup sleeve
Sarabinder small pocket
Angelina Fibers ironed to fuse
Flowers previously made from Ice Resin and black cardstock
Stems made from sheet music dipped in Ice Resin
Claudine Hellmuth Studio Acrylic paint-Landscape Green
Inkssentials Enamel Accents
Sakura 3D lacquer/Terri Sproul Mixer-Green Pearl
I cut off pieces of the coffee cup sleeve. One piece made me think of an old tub, and the other of a plant holder, so I taped them down. The long side of the tub was left untaped so it could be used as a side pocket. I distressed the coffee sleeve with the distress inkpads, then slapped on some acrylic paint.
I glued on the flowery stuff with gel medium.
The splashed water was added with Terri Sproul mixers & dabs of Enamel Accents.
After tangling my patterns, I colored them with color pencils.
Supplies for Page 5 & 6
Date Due Library Pocket
Watered down Gesso
I decided to go with half-pockets on this page, so you can actually see some of the magazine pieces that I used as a base background. I glued down the library pocket and a piece of tape from a box I received from Amazon. After doing the distress ink thing, I blobbed on some watery gesso, did a little doodling and called it a day.
Supplies for Page 7 & 8
I found a set of paper coasters from Dollar Tree that included this piece of bread and knew it had to become a pocket in my journal. I glued down the May Arts Ribbon and used the sponge tip to add the colors to the page. I had a little trouble stamping the Wheeley Cat image because I had used so much gel medium on that page, so I went for a feeling of motion. After tangling my patterns I added the gesso for the ‘mayonnaise’.