Each Wednesday for 22 weeks, I’ll be sharing artwork that was done on paper from a Schut Papier sampler. I’ll be giving you a little information about each of the papers.
Schut Sketchpad, Medium Fine Grain, 125 gm2/57 lbs
PH Neutral, Acid-free, ISO 9706.
The outcome of my tests:
- Fountain Pen friendly–
- no bleed-through
- no feathering
- indentation from nib pressure. Show-through only if held up to light.
- some colors seemed on the muted side because of the paper’s texture
- the linen-like texture–
- gave a wide range of effects
- made it harder to get dark, clean solids
- might be rough on fabric pen tips (though I didn’t use one to verify this)
This Kente-cloth inspired piece was done with fountain pen inks
This drawing was done with a Pentel Colorbrush in black ink