First piece of business. Have you entered my giveaway to win some Decopatch paper and Paperpatch Glue? If not, check HERE for details.
I’ve been using this jar for pens, forever. Besides the fact it’s rather ugly, I keep wanting to eat Toasted Coconuts Cashews! Something had to be done! This review and giveaway of Decopatch paper and glue was the perfect time to do it.
This is a pretty standard project for decopauging. I could have got fancier, as with my journal page and made a landscape, but this jar had lots of nooks and crannies and I decided to keep things simple. I tore about 3/4 of sheet into large strips to start with. This way, I could glue a few large strips down, and then tear the pieces into the sizes I needed to fill in.
I wanted some kind of flow around the jar. I had more green than any other color, so I decided to aim for some kind of diagonal flow with green for each side of the jar. With this in mind I glued the dark reds down. I liked the flowers on the dark red pieces, so I kept one large piece to use as a focal point on this side.
I felt the sweep of the lacy streak made a nice counter point to the sort of green bow-tie on this side.
These next two sides were trickier because of the indentations. They were also a good test of the ‘wrinkle-free’-ness of the Decopatch paper. I had to re-adjust a few times to wrap around the corners, but it all came out nice and smooth.
I was getting pretty low on the green and didn’t want to tear anymore, so I used the black to create my flow on this side.
I wanted a real color contrast for the top and bottom, so I finished up with strips of washi tape.
My pen jar looks so much more elegant now, but I still kinda want some Toasted Coconut Cashews!